You guys are cool and all, buuuut the Kings invited me to a movie...
I don't anticipate a Carlyle firing: our beloved Coach signed a three-year contract extension this past summer, and has a proven record of success. But the Ducks are currently 6-9-4, and many AC readers have pointed out that his coaching style is not compatible with the current Ducks roster. He depends too heavily on veterans (using Kurtis Foster (!) over Andrew Cogliano in the shootout?), and doesn't develop young players (which could have negative implications for the long-term careers of players like Devante Smith-Pelly, Cam Fowler, and Emerson Etem). Carlyle is quickly becoming a tragic, Boudreau-esque figure, unable to manage the talent on his team.
- Recaps from last night's Ducks-Kings tilt. [Associated Press] [ESPN] [NHL.com]
- Last night's nitty-gritty statistical tidbits. [NHL.com] [TSN]
- The Crunch also lost on Wednesday, falling 3-2 to the Rochester Amerks. [Oneida Dispatch]
- GQ interviews George Parros, aka 'The Most Interesting Man in the NHL.' [GQ]
Bobby Ryan reviews the new 'Twilight' movie. [Ed. Note: Pretty funny. Who knew he was buddies with the Kings?! Also, despite what he says, I am sooo going to see the movie.] [ThePostGame]
- According to Fox Sports West, bringing in Niklas Hagman 'beats the alternative for the Ducks.' At this point, the 'alternative' is winning. [Fox Sports West]
- Bobby also discusses our wild ride on the Struggle Bus with Puck Daddy. [Puck Daddy]
- The Anaheim Ducks Towel invades Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets. That's why we're losing! [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- A power failure delayed last night's Kings-Ducks game. The joke writes itself. [NHL.com]
- The Ducks' camouflage warmup jerseys (worn before last Friday's game against the Canucks) are currently being auctioned online. The proceeds will benefit local military nonprofits. [Anaheim Ducks]
- In case you haven't heard, Nick Bonino has been reassigned to Syracuse. [Anaheim Ducks]
- The Rangers' Marc Staal has been cleared for light workouts. He has been suffering from post-concussion symptoms all season (the result of a hit from his brother Eric during a game in February). [Blueshirt Banter]
- Who will the Flames select in the 2012 Draft? [Matchsticks and Gasoline]