Hey guys. Sorry about that whole offer sheet thing. I'm in LA now. I'm a changed man! No more trans fats! Can I come back now?
Hey, it might actually work. The Kings have turned him into a punchline.
Also - the Yale University men's hockey team beat Colgate University this past Saturday, 2-0, in Connecticut. This probably doesn't mean anything to y'all in SoCal, but our 2010 5th round pick Chris Wagner was the top center on Colgate's team. He had a tendency to go to the net - which was refreshing - yet he also took a few cheap runs at some of the Yale skaters. But I'll probably remember him most for his shot on goal that hit the crossbar and sailed into the Yale student section. Oh, Chris.
- Dean Lombardi and #dustinpennerproblems. [Puck Daddy]
- If you haven't heard enough about George Parros and his retina: [OC Register] [ESPN] [On The Duck Pond]
- Who will be the next NHL coach fired? (After the Blue Jackets' Scott Arniel, of course). Puck Daddy seems to think that Randy Carlyle might be on the chopping block. But then they compare him to a 'West Coast Lindy Ruff,' so who really knows? [Puck Daddy]
- Dan Sexton has been named the Reebok/AHL Player of the Week. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Speaking of eye injuries, Chris Pronger could return to the ice tomorrow. [NHL.com]
- ESPN continues to gang up on Jonas Hiller... [ESPN]
- Helsingin Sanomat discusses the lack of high-scoring Finns in the NHL this season. [Helsingin Sanomat]
- "Inconsistencies [plagued] Ducks on road trip." Well, duh. [Fox Sports West]
- Buzzing The Net discusses the remarkable start to Emerson Etem's junior season. [Buzzing The Net]
- Former Duck Joffrey Lupul has been an 'unexpected bonus' on the Maple Leafs' roster. [Toronto Sun]
- Mike Fisher thinks that Francois Beauchemin should have been penalized for his hit on the Nashville forward. [The Tennessean]
- Andrew Gordon discusses Whitesnake with the OC Register (another part of their 'Duck Takes' series). [OC Register]
- The Anaheim Ducks Towel invades Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- The Ducks want to 'keep it simple.' [Anaheim Ducks]
- Are the Canadiens limiting coaching/GM-ing possibilities by requiring candidates to speak French? [The Copper and Blue]
- The Five for Howling staff discuss Brendan Shanahan's tenure as discipline czar, NHL realignment, and the ownership debacle that has surrounded their franchise. [Five For Howling]
[Ed. Note: If you're wondering where Daniel's musings on a Penner for Blake trade are, it's right here!]