Dead ducks bring good luck?
He won't get to skate with Canada's Redeem Team (their collapse during the third period of last year's gold medal game is one of the most brutal things that I've ever witnessed in amateur hockey). But more importantly, his broken left foot will likely keep him out of the Ducks lineup for the entire month of January. Come one, come all. Vent your rage in the comments section of this thread.
At least we won last night. Wait...really?
- The Edmonton Journal's Jim Matheson thinks that a lot of teams will be pursuing Teemu Selanne around the trade deadline, but Teemu would only leave Anaheim for Winnipeg, and only if the Jets are in "a playoff hunt." Is there a defenseman in the Jets organization who appeals to any of you? Zack Bogosian? Dustin Byfuglien? Johnny Oduya? (it wouldn't be a straight up trade, of course) [Edmonton Journal]
- The skinny on Devante Smith-Pelly's foot. [Anaheim Ducks] [OC Register]
- Which conference champion will falter first? [Backhand Shelf]
- Winter Classic Update: It's always rainy in Philadelphia. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Fenwick timelines for every NHL game since the 2007-08 season. Woohoo! [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Times may be tough, but don't forget to enjoy the holiday season. [Ducks and Pucks]
- Revisiting the really intense shootout at the gold medal game (USA-Canada) during the 2007 World Juniors. [Canoe - Slam!]
- A review of John Wayne Airport's Anaheim Ducks Breakaway Bar and Grill. It has great pictures of the entrees. [She's Cookin']
- The best 10 NHL moments of the year. Corey and Teemu are both featured. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- A nice (but bittersweet) piece on the friendship between DSP and Emerson Etem. [Calgary Herald]