Don't worry, guys. I'll be back after kicking ass for Canada.
Bob Murray has loaned Devante Smith-Pelly to Hockey Canada so that the gritty winger can compete in the 2012 World Junior Hockey Championships (sorry, Daniel). And Bobby Ryan has never seen an entire baseball game (sorry, Robby). Maybe we should organize a secret AC police force and bring DSP back to Anaheim. Seriously. [Ed. Note: First rule of secret AC police force...]
On to the links!
- The DSP announcement, courtesy of the Ducks website. [Anaheim Ducks]
- The Ducks give Albert Pujols a warm welcome. [St. Louis Today]
- Luca Sbisa's minus-3 in last nights Ducks-Blues game earned him a spot on Puck Daddy's 'Dishonorable Mention' list. Boo. [Puck Daddy]
- Bruce Boudreau compares the Ducks to the Miami Dolphins. That can't be good. [OC Register]
- Our problems, thoroughly analyzed on a Sharks blog. [Shark Circle]
- The Anaheim Ducks Towel invades King's Cross Station (in London, England). [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- Realignment and reduced travel time. [CBS Sports]
- There will be a toy drive at Anaheim Ice on Monday, December 12. Autographs! Giveaways! Bobby Ryan! Fun times will be had by all. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Washington Capitals defenseman John Carlson has a dozen points in his past 10 games. [Japers' Rink]
- Rogers Communications and Bell Canada will merge to buy a majority share of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment (the company that owns the Toronto Maple Leafs). [Pension Plan Puppets]
- This has been floating around the blogosphere for a while, but the New York Times did an excellent piece (it includes videos and interviews with past and present NHL enforcers, like ex-Duck Todd Fedoruk) on the life and death of Derek Boogaard. Pulitzer-worthy material. [New York Times]