Jen and I are getting set up in the media work room at the Awards. If you're watching the red carpet, I offer you these links to kill the time before any kind of actual ceremony begins.
I essentially cancelled our writer tryouts, so the only new member of the staff will be Kristen, who's going to round up some Ducks stories for you every week. She's linked one of her own stories at the end. Enjoy.
All the mid-week Ducks news that’s fit to link….
· Could Pears win the Rocket Richard AND the Hart at the NHL Awards tonight? The LA Daily News thinks he should win, but gives the edge to Daniel Sedin. They expect that Ray Emery wins the Masterton, though, and offer predictions about the other awards. [LA Daily News]
· This is old-ish, but the OC Register provides an interesting overview of Ray Emery’s season. [OC Register]
· According to the OC Register, the Ducks can only succeed next season if Teemu returns and Hiller is healthy [OC Register].
· Hits and misses at the Draft by Pacific Division teams. Remember Stanislav Chistov, Michael Holmqvist, and Alexei Smirnov? [NHL.com]
· The Ducks bought a roller rink at 3150 Barranca Parkway in Irvine. The club already operates a roller rink in Huntington Beach [OC Register].
· And finally, check out my piece "What Hockey Fans Think About Basketball" on the excellent pop culture blog Racialicious. (DISCLAIMER: This piece is not a reflection upon Anaheim Calling or its readers. It is framed as a critique of an article, "Viewing LeBron," that was posted on Second City Hockey). [Racialicious]