- Breaking news! Jaromir Jagr is currently on a plane from the Czech Republic to New York (expected to arrive as early as 3:30 EST). The Pittsburgh Penguins have offered him a 1 year deal, and he is also fielding offers from the Detroit Red Wings and Montreal Canadiens. He should announce his decision this afternoon, even if he can’t sign with a team until July 1st. [SB Nation]
- Apparently, the Red Wings want former Vancouver Canucks defenseman Christian Erhoff to replace the recently retired Brian Rafalski. At this point, it’s purely speculation. [SB Nation]
Now, all the Ducks (and NHL) news that’s fit to link….
- The Ducks conditioning camp begins tomorrow (at THE RINKS – Anaheim ICE), and runs through Tuesday. Highlights include a scrimmage at 9 am tomorrow, which will feature prospects Emerson Etem and DSP (and all seven players drafted last week in Minnesota). [OC Register Ducks Blog] and [Anaheim Ducks]
- "Did I Do Good, Part 2." The Anaheim Ducks Report and On The Duck Pond grade our performance at the NHL Draft. [Anaheim Ducks Report] and [On The Duck Pond]
- The OC Register also weighs in, analyzing every first round draft pick. [OC Register]
- Where will all the UFA’s go? Fox News predicts that Ray Emery will sign with Florida. [Fox News]
- After the Ducks lost to Nashville in the quarterfinals, many questioned Ryan Getzlaf’s leadership. Bleacher Report likes what he does for the Ducks, but argues that Corey Perry would also make an effective captain. [Bleacher Report]
- "What if Jonas Hiller doesn’t recover?" Our friends at Battle of California discuss the Ducks’ offseason game plan. [BoC]
- Ryan Getzlaf held the 1st annual Getzlaf Golf Shootout last weekend, and raised $160,000 for Talk About Curing Autism (TACA). [OC Register Ducks Blog]
- Profiles of first round draft pick Rickard Rakell: [Quackalackin’] , [Anaheim Ducks, Article 1], [Anaheim Ducks, Article 2]
- Second-rounder John Gibson: [Quackalackin’], [Anaheim Ducks], [The Game – Michigan Sports Blog]
- Aaand…third-round defenseman Andy Welinski: [Anaheim Ducks]
Around the NHL!
- Kevin Howe, Doug Gilmour, Ed Belfour, and Joe Nieuwendyk have been elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame. Notable snubs include Pavel Bure and Pat Burns. The ceremony will be held on November 14 in Toronto. [TSN]
- Not to rub salt in the wound, but Brooks Laich is going to be a Cap for a long time. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]