Hey! Wait up. I thought I was playing defense tonight?
Wayne Simmonds is awesome, B-Ry and Getz own the PP (generally), and yes, everyone, Cogs is still a centerman.
- Carlyle is frustrated by the "lack of effort" that he's seen from the Ducks in their first two preseason games. He also says that Andrew Cogliano will center a line this weekend. [OC Register]
- Ironically, the Ducks website published an article about Cogs' experiment on the wing. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Recaps of Tuesday's game versus Phoenix: [On The Duck Pond] [Ducks and Pucks] [Quackalackin']
- And Wednesday's game versus the Sharks: [On The Duck Pond] [Ducks and Pucks]
- Flashback: Watch Todd Marchant's son interview several former Ducks, including Captain Scotty. [YouTube]
- The Anaheim Ducks towel travels to Stonehenge. [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- Quackalackin' examines an interesting Andrew Gordon-Teemu Selanne connection. [Quackalackin']
- Prime Ticket will air a special 'Ducks Live' preview over several days, beginning September 30 [Anaheim Ducks]
- Arctic Ice Hockey has compiled a list of the NHL's PP points leaders since 1997-1998. Bobby Ryan is fourth in the goals/60 minutes category. Ryan Getzlaf is second in the assists/60 minutes category, and has the most points/60 minutes. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Horrible incident out of London, Ontario: A crowd member at yesterday's Wings-Flyers game at the John Labatt Centre threw a banana at (former King) Wayne Simmonds during the shootout. In this LA Times piece, Ducks prospect Devante Smith-Pelly responds. [LA Times]
- RudyKelly's awesome response to the Simmonds situation. (Editors Note: Awesome and Rudy. Two words we rarely put together.) [Battle of California]