There comes a time in every editor's life where she feels the need to expand her brood. This is one of those times. We are looking for another writer or two to join the team this upcoming season. If you're interested in writing for Anaheim Calling, ask yourself these questions:
1) Are you a Ducks fan? (If the answer is no, thanks for reading random person.)
2) Can you commit to posting at least once a week?
If the answer is yes to both of those, here are the tryout guidelines:
- Write a story for our Duck U series. The topic can be anything you want that has to do with Ducks past, present and/or future. Don't just churn out words. Write something that people will be interested in reading. Tell a story, give your opinions, and showcase your writing style.
- Email me your story with links to any sources included - do not post it as a Fan Post/Shot. You can click on the email icon next to my name at the bottom of the page or email me at AnaheimCalling [at] gmail [dot] com
- I will read over your story. If I like what I see, I'll offer up the post to J.Lo, Randy, Steven Tyler, Seacrest, and Dunkleman (a.k.a the staff) for their opinions. Once it clears them, it goes up on the site for public consumption.
- From there, we'll look at comments from other readers, site traffic, etc. in making our final decision.
Sound good? Email me if you have questions.
We all bring different writing styles to the table, and that makes our site interesting. I never thought Arthur would actually take me on, and look at me now! There is a place for every voice.
Best of luck to all candidates.