The Winter Classic was held yesterday at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, and the home team lost. Even though all staff members are contractually obligated to dislike all things non-Duck related, I have a soft spot for Claude Giroux and the Flyers (and was sad to see them lose). Could you imagine Giroux centering DSP and Corey Perry? Holy moly.
(And a sidebar: All of the hockey fans complaining about Melanie Fiona/Patti LaBelle's respective anthem renditions - please calm down. They were perfectly fine performances.)
But this is AC, and this Link Roundup is a space to talk about the Ducks. And much to our collective chagrin, GM Bob Murray is trading with Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke. Today, Syracuse Crunch forward Nicolas Deschamps was traded for Marlies forward Luca Caputi. This isn't a big deal, but I feel like there could be bigger (and scarier) trades on the horizon. Didn't someone make a joke about Getzlaf + Hiller for Mike Komisarek and Nazem Kadri?
On to the links.
- Since this is the first Link Roundup of 2012, here's a pretty Bobby Ryan goal for everyone! (Forget the context of the goal and just enjoy the beauty). [The NHL Arena]
- The Ducks website covers the Caputi-Deschamps trade. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Fox Sports previews tomorrow's game against the Sharks. [Fox Sports]
- Cam Fowler is on pace for 33 points and a -40. Disturbing. [CBS Sports]
- Refreshing fact of the day: 30 of Corey Perry's 50 goals last year came after the New Year. He won't win the Hart Trophy again, but maybe we can turn a new leaf in 2012. But hopefully, the leaf isn't too new...#failfornail. [NHL.com]
- Best of Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions: Vancouver Edition. [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- Teemu Selanne "isn't ready to consider a trade." [OC Register]
- Jean-Francois Jacques has be reassigned to Syracuse. Again. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Jaromir Jagr sustained a groin injury during the Winter Classic, and will be out 7-10 days. [Broad Street Hockey]
- 10 Keys for the Carolina Hurricanes in 2012. Only one involves Baby Jeff. [Canes Country]
- Justin Bourne discusses the upcoming World Junior Championship semifinals. [Backhand Shelf]