Jeff Gross - Getty Images
Cue the Kanye West violins, and follow the links to read about Emerson Etem's work ethic, the future of the salary cap, and Andrew Cogliano's workout routine.
With the season seemingly slipping away - yesterday was day 25 of the lockout, Hart Trophy winners are practicing with their junior teams, and the stars of the future are attempting to make names for themselves in the AHL.
- Former Anaheim Lady Ducks Player - and current Penn State forward - Micayla Catanzariti was named College Hockey America's Rookie of the Week on Monday. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Corey Perry and Drew Doughty have been participating in workouts with the OHL's London Knights. [Metro Canada]
- Emerson Etem is willing to work. [The Virginian-Pilot]
- Andrew Cogliano's conditioning drills. [The Province]
- The Admirals, the Crunch, and the 28-game winning streak. [Raw Charge]
AROUND THE NHL
- On expectations for NHL players playing overseas. [Backhand Shelf]
- The lockout hasn't prevented some NHL venues from making money. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The longer the lockout lasts, the less happy players will be with the salary cap. [Toronto Star]
- Your friendly QMJHL roundup. [NHL.com]
- Canceled NHL games will result in $230 million lost. [OC Register]