Woo! I get to play hockey again! I don't have to spend everyday in my apartment playing Call of Duty! - Harry How
Nick Bonino goes to Europe, Scott Niedermayer is inducted into the Hall of Fame (not the one you're thinking of), and of course, there are currently no CBA talks on the table.
Nick Bonino was prepared to go to Norfolk when the lockout began, but he would've had to clear waivers (and as an emerging defensive center, he would've almost definitely been claimed by another team). So he made the right decision and went to Europe.
- On October 16th, Nick Bonino signed a lockout contract with HC Neumarkt-Egna Riwega, a team in the Italian Serie A2 league. He could start playing for the team as early as today. [Ducks Daily Blog]
- Emerson Etem has put California on the map. [Ducks Daily Blog]
- Rant Sports thinks that we lack secondary scoring. Agree to disagree, I guess. [Rant Sports]
- Scott Niedermayer was among this year's inductees to the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame. [NHL.com]
AROUND THE NHL
- No meetings between the NHL and NHLPA are planned. [AOL Sporting News]
- The fine line between journalism and hockey fandom. [Pensburgh]
- Second City Hockey has "optimism." [Second City Hockey]
- The NHL's free agency period may never be the same. [Backhand Shelf]
- Sportsnet's John Shannon thinks that Roberto Luongo will be traded to the Leafs, and that a new deal will be announced after the new CBA is negotiated (for the record, Vancouver's management has denied this). [Sportsnet]