Bruce Bennett - Getty Images
There is more to the Kerdiles story than meets the eye (plus some linkage).
So, to continue our conversation from the Kerdiles thread: NCAA hockey > junior hockey. If your NHL career never pans out, at least you went to college.
That being said, the charges against Kerdiles seem rather odd and nit-picky. One wonders why the NCAA would target him in particular, but college hockey coaches and support staff need to make sure that players have a clear understanding of what is and isn't appropriate behavior.
- Which young forward will step into a bigger offensive role? [Rant Sports]
- Bobby Ryan plays roller hockey while wearing an ugly jersey. [Ducks Daily Blog]
AROUND THE NHL
- Your friendly OHL roundup. [NHL.com]
- Ilya Bryzgalov thinks that some Russian players might stay in the NHL even after the lockout ends. [TSN]
- Jakub Voracek could see his KHL contract terminated thanks to his injury, according to a report. [Broad Street Hockey]
- HIFK Helsinki of SM-liiga announced Monday that Dallas Stars D Stephane Robidas has signed a one-month contract to play in Finland. [Defending Big D]
- The cost of playing hockey makes it inaccessible to many young people. [Backhand Shelf]