Not to get political... - Richard Wolowicz
The NHL and PA continued negotiations yesterday evening, but is it all a charade? Should the much-reviled Gary Bettman be the focal point for our hatred, or is he an easy scapegoat?
Not much has happened with the Ducks since...well, yesterday. Today's links will focus on happenings around the league.
AROUND THE NHL
- Reflections on a season of growing discontent. [Backhand Shelf]
- A brief history of the Canucks-Blackhawks rivalry. To me, this rivalry is the most interesting in the NHL right now. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Veteran defenseman Jaroslav Spacek retired from professional hockey yesterday. It is thought that he would still be playing professional hockey had their not been a lockout. I hope his retirement isn't the first in a wave of many to come. [Canes Country]
- Read Gary Bettman's interview with the Winnipeg Free Press. [Winnipeg Free Press]
- Oilers prospect Oscar Klefbom suffered a shoulder injury a month ago, and may require surgery (which would be accompanied by six months of recovery). [Edmonton Journal]
- A Leafs fan spent $5,300 to buy a toilet from the Toronto Maple Leafs' former dressing room. [NHL.com]
- Why Gary Bettman isn't bad for the NHL. [Puck Daddy]