This is a random picture. I just miss his face, guys. - Bruce Bennett
LINKS LINKS LINKS LINKS!
I should really start calling this the ECHL links, or something. What else is there to write? CBA negotiations continue to progress, the CBA might be good for some teams (not ours), and the Patriots beat the Texans really badly last night. Wait - wrong sport!
Feast on these links, Ducks fans. It's the least I can give you.
- The lockout has given Devante Smith-Pelly a chance to grow in the AHL. [CBS Sports]
- A Ducks fan acquires more Getzlaf memorabilia. [Plaschke Thy Sweater Is Argyle]
- When then-rookie defenseman Francois Beauchemin decided to fight Jarome Iginla, the Mighty Ducks were up against it in their playoff series against the Calgary Flames. That soon changed. Re-live this classic Anaheim Ducks moment here. [The Hockey Writers]
- Norfolk goalie Frederik Andersen continues to be dominant in net. [OC Register]
- The Fort Wayne Komets ended their road trip to Orlando with a loss. [OC Register]
- Rookie defensemen are key to the Komets' season. [FortWayne]
- A "sneak peek" at the menu for Teemu's new steakhouse. [Battle of California]
AROUND THE NHL
- The Edmonton Oilers' owner is scheduled to appear before the city's council this week to discuss plans to build a new arena. That's why Justin Schultz left! [NHL.com]
- The NHL and PA could resume talks this week (some Twitter sources are saying that the talks could begin as early as tomorrow). [TribLIVE]
- Will a new CBA give Rick DiPietro and the New York Islanders organization "amnesty" from the goaltender's contract? [Lighthouse Hockey]
- How few games can the NHL consider this season? [Backhand Shelf]
- Why one Columbus Blue Jackets fan is the NHL's worst nightmare. [The Cannon]
- On the academic life of a student-athlete. [Backhand Shelf]