I used to think that the term 'circus trip' was a generic way of referring to a hockey team's long road trip. I have no idea why I believed that, because apparently, it's a Chicago-specific term (the Blackhawks and Bulls are forced to vacate the United Center when the circus/ice capades come to town).
Yet, the high-stakes nature of this road trip promises to turn it into a circus of sorts. We won by the skin of our teeth on Wednesday, and now, we can't afford to lose.
On to the links!
- How many points will the Ducks net on their 14 day road trip? It seems as though we'll have to get between 13 and 16 to remain in the playoff hunt. [OC Register]
- A closer look at the trip. [Anaheim Ducks]
- The other trip seen round the Pond, and the fortuitous overtime goal that followed. Was it the worst blown call of the season? [Puck Daddy]
- How the Ducks could lose Justin Schultz's rights. [Bucky's 5th Quarter]
- I don't know how this didn't make it into my Wednesday links, but Devante Smith-Pelly has been sent to the Syracuse Crunch on a conditioning loan. [Into The Boards]
- Emerson Etem is a goal per game player in the WHL. Impressive. [Calgary Sun]
- On Nick Bonino's unfortunate place in Beanpot (an annual college hockey tournament that involves all 4 Boston-area schools: Boston University, Boston College, Harvard, and Northeastern) history. [NESN.com]
- Bruce Boudreau on Francois Beauchemin: "There aren't too many guys I'd trade him for right now." [Canada.com]
- Could Lubomir Visnovsky potentially return to Edmonton? [Oilers Republic]
- Princeton doesn't matter, but it is an excellent source of NHL tough guys. [Fox Sports West]
- The Anaheim Ducks Towel invades the Rick Hansen statue at Rogers Arena. [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- The trade deadline is approaching! (Everyone scream in unison). NHL.com discusses the needs and assets of every Pacific Division team. [NHL.com]
- Anaheim Arena Management and Mayor Tom Tait have officially broken ground on the Honda Center's Grand Terrace Project. The Terrace is the most extensive upgrade in the venue's history, and will include a new restaurant and an expanded team store. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Tim Thomas vs the media. Round 2? Or 3? I've really lost count. He has the right to not answer the media's questions, but he could also end the entire controversy that surrounds him by ceasing to post inflammatory comments on his public Facebook page. [ProHockeyTalk]
- Mile High Hockey discusses Paul Stastny's value. Should we be interested in him? Could we even afford him? [Mile High Hockey]