Battle of the Bottom Feeders, Round 3. Hopefully it doesn't involve any Rick Nash chicanery. But more importantly, this is the time to regain our January momentum. A loss to the Blue Jackets would be completely demoralizing.
Make me proud, Ducks.
- Two Ducks-Jackets previews. [TSN] [Fox News]
- Wednesday's loss to the Stars was also Bobby Ryan's 300th game, and Corey Perry's 500th. It was also the first game in which the Ducks have failed to earn a point since January 4th. Maybe they decided to take the day off in celebration? Hopefully they'll be back tonight. [Puck Daddy]
- Emerson Etem made the Kootenay Advertiser's WHL Plays of the Week list. [Kootenay Advertiser]
- Devante Smith-Pelly is anxious to return to the Ducks' lineup. [OC Register]
- Scott Niedermayer has been named to the British Columbia Hockey Hall of Fame. [Canada.com]
- Are the Nashville Predators targeting Bobby Ryan? [On The Forecheck]
- Winning like Charlie Sheen. [Ducks and Pucks]
- The Anaheim Ducks Towel invades St. Mark's Campanile. [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- Come to the Ducks Skills Competition tomorrow! [Anaheim Ducks]
- Another day, another Backhand Shelf podcast. [Backhand Shelf]
- Bruce Boudreau reflects on on our 'off night.' [Anaheim Ducks]
- The New York Rangers have traded Erik Christensen and a 7th round pick to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Casey Wellman. Christensen is largely regarded as a marginal player in the Rangers system. Wellman has played 41 NHL games, and was a big part of the Houston Aeros' (the Wild's AHL affiliate) run to the Calder Cup Finals last season (I went to every Western Conference Final/Calder Cup Final game in Houston, and was pretty impressed with his play).
- And finally, Kyle "Trade Bait" Palmieri and Mark Bell have been reassigned to Syracuse. [Anaheim Ducks]