Dude. I'm one step closer to being the highest paid rookie defenseman EVER!
The playoffs have been really awesome. Standout performances from rookies/relative NHL newbies (the Flyers' Brayden Schenn and the Caps' Braden Holtby come to mind), clutch OT goals, delicious rivalries. Too bad we aren't playing.
- Schultz Watch: I should have included this in Tuesday's links post, but last Saturday, April 7th was the last day that the Ducks could get Justin Schultz under contract for the current season. We will hold his rights until June 1st, and he can sign with any team as of July 1st. [Bucky's 5th Quarter]
- Is Bobby Ryan on the chopping block again? [FanNation]
- Nate Guenin has been reassigned to Syracuse. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Evaluating the Pacific GMs. [ESPN]
- Don't leave us, Teemu! [OC Register]
- Reflecting upon the 14 unfortunate clubs that failed to make the playoffs. Isn't it lovely to be reminded that Teemu Selanne had more points than Ryan Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan, or Corey Perry? [Pub Pools]
- An interview with Cam Fowler. [YouTube]
- The Sharks beat the Blues last night. I know, it hurts. [Fear The Fin]
- The Rangers also beat the Sens, 4-2. [Blueshirt Banter]
- And the Bruins beat the Caps, 1-0 (OT). [Backhand Shelf]
- Are we past our prime? [Washington Post]