The Stanley Cup Finals begin today. That thought gets me excited for a moment, but then I remember who's playing.
On to the links!
- Despite his Finnish nightclub antics and his poorly-timed five minute major, Ryan Getzlaf had a pretty good run at the World Championships. And this bodes well for the Ducks' 2012-13 season. [The Hockey Writers]
- Schultz Watch: This rumor has been circulating around the AC comment section for a while, but it's significant, and I thought I should repost it. Apparently, the Ducks might file tampering charges against another NHL club (allegedly Brian Burke and the Toronto Maple Leafs) for communicating with Justin Schultz before it was legal to do so. It is rumored that Schultz is going to join the Leafs once he officially becomes a free agent. [ProHockeyTalk]
- The (unofficial) end of (Dan) Ellis. [OC Register]
- A profile of Andrew Cogliano. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Congratulations to Oakland Goodlife, who won the Elite Division championship at the American Inline Hockey League Finals held over the weekend at Huntington Beach Inline. [Anaheim Ducks]
- How Devils defenseman Bryce Salvador has channeled his inner Scott Niedermayer. [Sports Illustrated]
- Stanley Cup Final tickets are really expensive, guys. [BoC]
- Yesterday was Media Day at the Prudential Center. In Lou We Trust has identified the choice Kings and Devils quotes for your perusal. [In Lou We Trust]
- The folks at Jewels From The Crown also participated in a Stanley Cup Final preview podcast at NHL Numbers. [Jewels From The Crown]
- The Backhand Shelf's Chris Lund profiles the refs who will be working the Finals. [The Backhand Shelf]