FEAR ME! FOR I AM HAMPUS LINDHOLM!
I considered calling this post the 'Post-Mortem Edition.' We'd take some time to collect our thoughts about the Lubo trade, Bobby's comments, and Hampus Lindholm (who?). But then, I realized that this was just the tip of the iceberg (July 1st, anyone?).
According to Craig Custance's twitter, Justin Schultz would prefer to play for a Canadian team. But of course, that hasn't stopped American GMs from pursuing him. Also - someone needs to buy the domain name www.hasbobbyryanbeentradedyet.com.
- Schultz Derby: Oilers color commentator Bob Stauffer thinks that Edmonton is 4th on Schultz's list of desired teams. He thinks that the Leafs and Rangers are 2nd and 3rd, respectively. Remember, Bob McKenzie and ESPN's Pierre Lebrun have also mentioned Edmonton as a likely destination. [Edmonton Journal]
- The Red Wings and Canucks will be giving Justin Schultz long looks this week (as we already know). But the Canucks might be interested in acquiring Jake Gardiner or Erik Gudbranson in a Roberto Luongo deal (hadn't heard this yet). [Craig Custance - you need ESPN Insider to access all of this information]
- More on Schultz and the Rangers. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Are the Islanders after Bobby Ryan? [Chris Botta's Twitter]
- Pensburgh's delightful list of free agent defensemen not named Ryan Suter. Does anyone pique your interest? [Pensburgh]
- Did we 'lose' the Draft? [Puck Daddy]
- This has been mentioned in the comments section, but the Alumni Game (vs a team of Russian Olympic gold-medalists and Summit Series alums) will be held at 7 pm on Monday at Anaheim Ice. [OC Register]
- Justin Bourne's Thoughts on Elliotte Friedman's Thoughts. That's a lot of thoughts... [Backhand Shelf]
- The 2012 Inline Hockey Junior Olympics will kick off tomorrow, and run through July 8th at Huntington Beach Inline. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Current Edmonton Oilers assistant coach Ralph Krueger will reportedly be named the team's head coach in a press conference today. [NHL.com]
- The Anaheim Ducks Towel invaded the Arc de Triomphe. [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- A profile of Corey Perry. Can you believe that the 2011-12 season was his seventh in the NHL? Crazy. [Anaheim Ducks]