Now double your money and make a stack, Shea!
I have to admit, I'm a little sad that Nashville matched the Flyers' offer sheet. Not out of spite for Nashville - Poile wisely prevented to Shea Weber from slipping through his fingers, and didn't wait until the very last moment to pull the trigger. But Shea Weber in orange and black would've been awesome/an excellent Chris Pronger replacement. Oh well.
If something happens with Bobby this offseason, I anticipate that it happens soon.
- Bobby Ryan: Trade Target. [Backhand Shelf]
- After he was traded to the Islanders, Visnovsky reportedly told Sport.sk that the franchise was not on his 10 team trade list, and that he would file for arbitration. Lubo also said that Islanders GM Garth Snow once called him to say that the franchise was negotiating with Miroslav Satan. Strange stuff.... [Matias Strozyk's Twitter]
- Where should the Weber-less Flyers turn next? [Broad Street Hockey]
- Kevin Epp (one of Shea Weber's agents) discusses the Predators matching the Flyers' offer sheet. [On The Forecheck]
- Unless you've been living under a rock, you also heard that Rick Nash was traded to the New York Rangers. According to Darren Dreger, Nash could've potentially expanded his list of desired teams to include the Hurricanes and the Capitals had the Rangers trade fallen through. [TSN]
- Speaking of the Hurricanes: The Carolina Hurricanes want to sign Alex Semin to a one-year contract, but he wants 7 million dollars. I think Semin deserves to stay in the NHL, and could become a lethal scorer again on the right club. But he needs to sign somewhere for 2 million dollars and show North American audiences that he can be a dominant player. [Raleigh News and Observer]
- Patrick Burke remembers Jessica Redfield Ghawi, who was a You Can Play intern. [You Can Play Project]
- Read the OC Register's profile of Jonas Hiller. [OC Register]
- A profile of Ryan Getzlaf. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Donate to the Jessica Redfield Sports Journalism Fund, started by her brother, Jordan Ghawi. [Indiegogo]