Frankie's shoulder is ready for camp. The only person not happy about that is Mike Fisher.
The current CBA expires a week from Saturday, and things (still) look grim. All we can do is hope.
- Ryan Getzlaf will host his 2nd annual Getzlaf Golf Shootout this weekend. The shootout is a fundraiser for CureDuchenne, a nonprofit that raises awareness and funds to cure muscular dystrophy. [Yahoo Finance]
- Lubomir Visnovsky's arbitration was held yesterday, and he should know if his trade to the Islanders was voided by September 15. [New York Post]
- Good news: Francois Beauchemin's shoulder is fine, and he will be in training camp on September 21st if there is no lockout. [OC Register]
- In Defense of Gary Bettman. [Grab Your Balls]
- What would it take to get Bobby Ryan into a Canucks uniform? One Canucks fan thinks that Ballard, Kassian and a 1st should do the trick. Is that an underpayment? [Vancouver Canucks Fanzone]
- The Ottawa Senators have signed center Zack Smith to a four-year extension worth $7.55 million. [NHL.com]
- The Bruins are allegedly targeting Keith Yandle, and would likely have to give up David Krejci in return. [Comcast Sportsnet]
- Even if there's an NHL lockout, everyone (who has a say) still gets paid. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The Hurricanes have signed forward Patrick Dwyer to a two-year contract extension that will pay him $900,000 a season starting in 2013-14. [Canes Country]
- Justin Bourne discusses the significance of Gabriel Landeskog's captaincy (of the Avalanche). [Backhand Shelf]
- Another perspective on Jonas Hiller's new mask. [LA Times]