The OC Register makes the case for why we should retire the numbers of Scott Niedermayer, Jean-Sebastian Giguere, Paul Kariya, and (eventually) Teemu Selanne.
Not a bad idea, if I say so myself.
- As we saw yesterday, Viktor Fasth is a perfectly capable back-up to Jonas Hiller. [ESPN]
- Brad Staubitz brings a brand of hard-nosed hockey to the Ducks organization. [Anaheim Ducks]
- The Fort Wayne Komets beat the Evansville Icemen yesterday. [Ducks Daily Blog]
- Teemu Selanne has the opportunity to close in on a number of records and milestones this season. [The Hockey Writers]
- Why the Ducks should retire the numbers of Scott Niedermayer, Jean-Sebastien Giguere, Paul Kariya, and (eventually) Teemu Selanne. [The Orange County Register]
AROUND THE NHL
- The Montréal Canadiens are playing the New Jersey Devils today, and the folks at In Lou We Trust are answering the Habs fans' questions. [Eyes On The Prize]
- Will Al Montoya get his first start for the Winnipeg Jets - against the New York Islanders - today? [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- James Reimer has unveiled a new transformer mask. [Backhand Shelf]