This past week the Norfolk Admirals were able to get out of the cellar and up to whatever level is above the cellar.
The Norfolk Admirals win three games in a row for the first time since early October and have edged their way out of last place for the time being.
Final Score: Norfolk 3, Charlotte 1
How'd our goalie do? Igor Bobkov
saved 30 of 31 shots in his first start since the Jan. 5. Earning his first win since Dec. 29.
Numbers for Nerds: Luca Caputi lead the team in shots on goal with 5. The Admirals killed all seven penalties while capitalizing on 2-of-3 power plays they had all night.
Final Score: Norfolk 2, Bridgeport 1
How'd our goalie do?
In his first game back from Ducks camp, Frederik Andersen
stopped 37 of 38 and the only goal against was after a terrible turnover by Jay Rosehill.
Numbers for Nerds
: Maroon has his 12th goal of the season to tie him up with Peter Holland
and Emerson Etem
for second place on the team; Kyle Palmieri
still leads the team with 13 goals. The penalty kill was perfect for the second game in row killing four penalties. Etem and Maroon both had 7 SOG.
Final Score: Norfolk 5, Bridgeport 0
Goal scorers for Admirals
Emerson Etem(11,12 PPG), Luca Caputi(3) PPG, Josh Brittain(5), Rod Pelley
How'd our goalie do? Andersen finally gets his first shutout of the season and ends the weekend with 118:47 minutes of shutout hockey,
Numbers for Nerds: For the second night in a row Etem had 7 shots on goal. The Admirals went perfect for the week killing 3 penalties in this game and scored 3 power play goals on eight chances.
Overall Record: 12-21-2-1 39 points
Place in division: 5th out of 5
Place in conference: 14th out of 15
Top Producer: Peter Holland still leads the team in points, with 31 in 34 games played; this is even after he was with Anaheim for two weeks. Patrick Maroon is second on the team with 12 goals and 27 points in 40 games.
Top Goal Scorer: Kyle Palmieri leads the team in goals with 13 but Holland, Maroon, and Etem are all tied with 12 goals.
Roster Moves from the Past Week:
- Frederik Andersen returned to the Norfolk Admirals
- Viktor Fasth recalled to the Anaheim Ducks
- Luca Caputi recalled from the Fort Wayne Komets to the Admirals
- Kent Huskins released from Pro Tryout Contract to sign with the Detroit Red Wings
- Sami Vatanen reassigned to the Norfolk Admirals
- Peter Holland and Jordan Hendry reassigned to the Norfolk Admirals
- Emerson Etem and Sami Vatanen recalled to the Anaheim ducks
- Frederik Andersen gets assigned to the Danish National Team for Olympic Qualifiers
- Ryan Lasch was sent to the Vaxjo of the Swedish Elite League
- Brandon McMillan- Had surgery on his arm, no time table for his return.
- Hampus Lindholm- He has been out with a concussion since the WJCs but is practicing in Anaheim.
- Troy Bodie- He was slashed across the leg a couple weekends ago and still hasn't returned.
Three Star Admirals:
3rd Star - Luca Caputi. He has 2 G and 2 A in the three games played and is a totally different player than the one we saw earlier this season.
2nd Star - Frederik Andersen- In his two games played he posted a .500 GAA and a .984 SV%
#1 - Emerson Etem- He had 2 G and 1 A in Saturday's game and could have had more. Due to his solid play in Norfolk, he earned a call-up to Anaheim.
Cabin Boy(s): No one messed up enough in these games, maybe next week but I hope not!
Game 1: Norfolk vs. Adirondack - Friday, Feb. 1, 7:00pm EST
Game 2: Norfolk vs. Bridgeport - Saturday. Feb. 2, 7:00pm EST