Or is it just a fantasy?
There seems to be a growing narrative - supported by stats - that the Ducks are not as good as advertised. I don't think we're winning the Cup this year, but I'd like for us to avoid any major embarrassment. Is that too much to ask?
- Are the Ducks for real? (The answer is not good). [CBSSports.com]
- PDO numbers by NHL team, the Ducks included. [NHLNumbers.com]
- The Fort Wayne Komets' leaders are looking to find answers. [FortWayne.com]
- Viktor Fasth has been profiled by Fox Sports. [FOX Sports]
- Rickard Rakell has been named OHL Player of the Week. [Anaheim Ducks]
- UPDATE: Pierre Lebrun and Scott Burnside discuss/debate the Perry/Getzlaf contract situation. (Be sure to watch the video on the top of the page as well as reading the article) [ESPN.com]
AROUND THE NHL
- What nobody remembers about Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. [The Copper & Blue]
- The Columbus Blue Jackets have placed James Wisniewski on injured reserve for his broken foot. [The Cannon]
- Simon Gagne scored his first goal of the season in his first game back with the Philadelphia Flyers. The Flyers also beat the Washington Capitals, 4-1. [NHL.com]
- The St. Louis Blues have placed Andy McDonald on injured reserve. [St Louis Blues]
- Sleep issues can lead hockey players down some dark paths. [Backhand Shelf]