Getzlaf makes the New York Times (and experiences a career milestone), Kyle Palmieri recovers from injury, and trades and results from around the league.
- News of Ryan Getzlaf's 8 year deal made the New York Times. [New York Times]
- Getzlaf scored his 500th career point in the Ducks 4-0 win over the Calgary Flames. [National Post]
- Kyle Palmieri is recovering, but still unsure about when he'll play. [Orange County Register]
- According to Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun, Bob Murray is asking for a king's ransom for Corey Perry. What that entails: a number one pick, two top prospects, and a player who can help the Ducks right now. Even though the Senators, Bruins, Leafs, and Penguins are all interested, Garrioch believes that no one is willing to give that much away. He thinks that the Ducks will try and convince Perry to stay, and ultimately, he isn't going anywhere. [Ottawa Sun]
- Is Corey Perry worth 10 million? (Other interesting tidbits: the Penguins are allegedly not seriously interested in Perry, and the Philadelphia Flyers are a "sleeper" candidate. They could see Perry on a line with Claude Giroux). [The Insider On Pittsburgh Sports]
- Tonight's game vs St. Louis will raise funds and awareness for CHOC Children's(Children's Hospital of Orange County). [Anaheim Ducks]
AROUND THE NHL
- Wayne Gretsky thinks that Sidney Crosby is the best all-around player in the NHL today (even though he gave Corey Perry a stick-tap). [Backhand Shelf]
- The Winnipeg Jets have obtained Tomas Kubalik from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Spencer Machacek. [NHL.com]
- The New York Rangers beat the Washington Capitals 4-1 today. [Japers' Rink] .
- The San Jose Sharks and Colorado Avalanche (aka Chicago killers) are playing today. Watch at your own risk. [Fear The Fin]