As you all know, Puck Daddy has a feature where they make fun of ridiculous trade proposals featured on HF Boards. The proposal that one user mentioned would never happen (it would benefit us too much), but isn't it fun to dream? Here it goes: Devante Smith-Pelly + Bobby Ryan to the Leafs for Mikhail Grabovski, Nikolai Kulemin, Clarke McArthur, and Cody Franson. The Leafs would never part with their top line, but the idea of RPG (playing to their potential) + Finns + the Leafs' top line makes me happy. A less ambitious proposal suggested that we swap DSP for Franson. But I don't want to give up DSP for Cody Franson (it's rumored that Franson might be going to the Rangers, anyway). And I like the proposal that involves a Russian. The Ducks need Russians...
Oh - and there's a home stand coming up!
- The DSP to Toronto proposal. [HF Boards]
- Will the Ducks find a spark during their upcoming home-and-home series with the Kings? [LA Times]
- According to Cam Fowler, the Ducks should treat tomorrow's game against the Kings like it's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. [OC Register]
- Ducks broadcaster Brian Hayward and Kings insider Rich Hammond participated in an online "Freeway Face-Off" chat, discussing the upcoming home stand and the Ducks-Kings rivalry. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Fear the Fin (briefly) analyzes the Ducks' problems. [Fear the Fin]
- Pat Maroon appears to be moving on after his "awkward divorce" from the Philadelphia Flyers organization (no one seems to know why he was dismissed, but there is a rumor that he [allegedly] assaulted a coach for the Flyers' AHL affilate). [Broad Street Hockey]
- Scott Niedermayer is supporting the Ktunaxa Nation in their opposition to a resort that is slated to open in British Columbia's Jumbo Valley (or Qat'muk as it is known to Ktunaxa). [Yahoo News Canada]
- Speaking of British Columbia: The Anaheim Ducks Towel invades Malliardville in Coquitlam, B.C., which has the largest French Canadian community west of Manitoba. [Anaheim Ducks Towel Invasions]
- The Ducks are offering a special "Moustache Pack" for Sunday's game against the Red Wings. You can get 1 ticket and 1 beer for $39 ($2 will go to the Ducks' Movember team)! [Anaheim Ducks]