Well, it's what Canucks fans did last night.
On a more positive note, I'm glad that Bruce Boudreau isn't afraid to stand up to our veterans. You all probably noticed this, but Ryan Getzlaf was taken off the first power-play unit at the beginning of the third period. #occupythefirstpowerplayunit?
On to the links!
- Defenseman Mark Fraser has been assigned to the Crunch on a conditioning loan. He is still on the Ducks' 23-man roster. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Bruce Boudreau's presence is impacting the Ducks' offense - specifically, the offense of borderline players like Matt Beleskey. [Anaheim Ducks]
- Replacing Devante Smith-Pelly is 'no easy task" for Team Canada. [The Hockey Writers]
- The "Gretzky Effect" will propel Emerson Etem to the NHL. [IIHF.com]
- Nick Bonino is trying to capitalize upon his NHL opportunity. [OC Register]
- The Ducks have lacked "consistency" this season. You're preaching to the choir, Fox Sports West. [Fox Sports West]
- Canada's 2005 World Juniors team might be the "best team ever." Remember when you were good, Ryan Getzlaf? [Edmonton Journal]
- "We definitely got outcompeted" vs Vancouver last night. - Jonas Hiller [CBS Sports]
- The folks at Arctic Ice Hockey are searching for the NHL's 'most interesting name.' 1990s edition. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Broad Street Hockey has the complete soundtrack for Episodes 1 and 2 of HBO 24/7 Flyers-Rangers. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Wither Pernell Karl? [Backhand Shelf]
Ed. Duck Notes:
- Per Eric Stephens, the Twins were split up in practice, and the world didn't implode. Line rushes change to Nicklas Hagman - Ryan Getzlaf - Teemu Selanne and Bobby Ryan - Saku Koivu - Corey Perry. No word on if Koivu will be back tomorrow. I like this move. Perry was even more explosive last year without Getz. Same goes for Ryan.
- Also from Stephens, Boudreau believes that Jason Blake could be back in a game or two - and the world returns to normal?
- "Um, maybe" was Boudreau's response on if Dan Ellis would start tomorrow.
- Kyle Palmieri was sent back to Syracuse so he could play high minutes once again.
- USA! ALL THE WAY...back home. The Czech's rocked the kids today 5-2 in World Juniors. Team America needed a point to stay in medal contention. Yeah, that didn't happen. Playing Canada tomorrow and all the US can be is spoilers, but not much. Canada is killing it, even without DSP.