Was Todd Marchant a member of USA Hockey's 'greatest generation'? Will Brad Winchester become a Canuck? What's going on with Teemu?
Ladies and Gentlemen, I don't have the answers to any of those questions. But please enjoy the Shea Weber Massive Payday Edition of your weekly links roundup. (7.5 million! That's more than Scotty got from the Devils in 2004).
- On Monday, we were profiled in the NHL's new series, '30 in 30.' The series - you guessed it - will cover a different team every day in August (there will be a recap on August 31st). [NHL.com]
- See images of Jonas Hiller's offseason training in Switzerland. [Facebook]
- No Teemu updates, folks. [OC Register]
- Anaheim Ice is hosting a 3 on 3 skills camp on August 28-31 (8 am to 3:15 pm each day). [Anaheim Ducks]
- Apparently, Brad Winchester is trying to get a deal with the Canucks. [The Province]
- Read USA Hockey Magazine's profile on recent retirees Todd Marchant, Craig Conroy, Brian Rafalski, and Doug Weight. Author Harry Thompson argues that they were a part of the "greatest generation of American hockey players." [USA Hockey Magazine]
- The Ducks' website has just added an interesting video feature about the Inline Hockey Junior Olympics, which were held at Huntington Beach Inline from June 30 to July 10. [Anaheim Ducks]
Around the NHL
- 33 year old defenseman (and two-time Stanley Cup winner) Colin White has been signed by the Sharks - after being placed on waivers by the Devils. It seems as though the Sharks are serious about bolstering their defensive corps... [NHL.com]
- St Louis Blues forward David Perron will miss training camp and the beginning of the regular season due to concussion symptoms. [TSN]
- Patrick Sharp has signed a 5 year contract extension with the Blackhawks. The deal will have a $5.9 million salary cap hit/season. [Chicago Tribune]