It's a special edition of 'Anaheim Calling: The Podcast' as intrepid hosts Eric and Kyle went from the 9AM Pacific opening of the free agent signing period for over six hours over coverage of the news of the day. Relive the madness as the deals rolled in, with opinion, analysis, and the typical AC:TP flair. Also, the guys touched on several major topic areas surrounding the Anaheim Ducks and the league, as well as took phone calls on Skype. Broken down into hour long pieces for your enjoyment, here's this week's edition of the #ACPod recorded LIVE on Wednesday, July 1:
- Thoughts on the trade for Kevin Bieksa, and how rules allowing teams to communicate with players before the 1st opened things up and made for better maneuvering by GMs
- Francois Beauchemin signs with the Colorado Avalanche- is Bieksa an upgrade?
- San Jose gets ran around on Bieksa deal, Shark-ily sign Paul Martin instead
- Calgary continues to improve over the offseason with Frolik, Maple Leafs rebuilding process
- Phil Kessel goes to Pittsburgh, the Penguins are hilariously top heavy
- More on the Maple Leafs sending Kessel to Pittsburgh, where does the deal stand?
- Bob Murray: The Wine Tasting GMing style, Ducks calm in early going a good thing
- The Mike Richards termination by Los Angeles, implications, and Jhonas Enroth signing
- How much is the supposed 'clutch' of Justin Williams worth with declining production?
- Previewing coming summer podcasts, including why you should be happy to break out your 2007 DVD box set
- Deeper discussion of the Carl Hagelin for Emerson Etem draft day trade
- We take a Skype call from @Patty_Maroon, first touching on rumors about Keith Yandle (*ALERT*)
- His insight as a BC resident regularly watching the Canucks about what Bieksa brings, a Jordan Weal scoop and more
- Listener Mr. Tiki Head calls in to discuss Ducks moves, thoughts about what additional piece(s) Ducks may need
- A question about the attempts to introduce more chants, and how and what Anaheim Calling is planning on doing to accomplish that and more
- The guys momentarily fall for a spoof tweet about an offer sheet, leading into a discussion about RFA tactics
- Why offer sheets aren't used more, rare success and more often than not teams meeting them
- Red Wings scoop up Mike Green, looking in context of league and team is he worth the money he got?
- Brad Richards to Detroit too, is Antoine Vermette worth looking at as a depth center?
- Argument for a measured offseason like the Ducks vs hair on fire approach like Vancouver
- Chris Pronger and Sergei Fedorov going in to the Hockey Hall of Fame
- Pronger legitimizing the Ducks as title contenders, Fedorov as the 'enigmatic' skilled Russian standard bearer
- 'Enigmatic' Alexander Semin, could he be a viable scoring contributor to look at
- The Matt Beleskey updates get hard and fast as he approaches signing with his new team
- What on earth are Don Sweeney and the Boston Bruins doing?
- Joined by fellow Anaheim Calling staff writer Liz Brownstein for her thoughts on the day
- Does Bieksa deal open the door for Cam Fowler and Simon Despres to take top pair minutes? Fowler and 'work rate' issues possibly standing in the way
- Which is more awkward, a Dwayne Roloson Ducks jersey or a #80 Ilya Bryzgalov one?
- Is there a better fit to be had in the top line with Ryan Getzlaf and Corey Perry than Patrick Maroon?
- Thoughts about the coming Summer Development Camp and pair of prospect scrimmages
- Summation on Ducks lack of moves for the day, and in each episode so much more...
Listen on Soundcloud using the Soundcloud App, at Soundcloud.com/anaheim-calling-podcast, with the Soundcloud embed below, or even follow us on Soundcloud too. The platform gives you ample ways to listen, we think you should take advantage eh. The podcast generally posts on iTunes every release day at 8 AM- be sure to subscribe to get the podcast first before you can find it anywhere else
Please leave questions, comments, suggestions, complaints, concerns etc in the comments below, email AnaheimCalling@gmail.com, tweet Eric @ErictheHawk or Kyle @ACKyleNicolas (@District5Hockey spent all day in his cubicle listening to us), or add 'anaheimcalling' on Skype and you can call and tell us next time we open the lines up.
Thanks for being one of the thousands... And thousands of listeners.