Hello from your new Community Editor!
I’m going to start here at Anaheim Calling with daily posts that will bring you all of the latest news from around the world of hockey, with a special focus on making sure you don’t miss out on any coverage for your Anaheim Ducks. The comment section is open for anything you want to talk about, whether it’s one of these stories, or what I can do to help the community here at Anaheim Calling.
If there’s one thing to love about California hockey, it is that sweet, sweet 90s nostalgia.
Disney may no longer own the club, but they still celebrated those 90s roots with a Mighty Ducks Day at Disneyland Resort’s Disney California Adventure theme park this past Wednesday. The team showed up for photo ops and meet and great, but the star of the show was obviously mascot Wild Wing, who was almost certainly confused as to why Donald Duck was walking around the park with no pants on.
Still the event looked awesome and was hopefully successful enough to make it a recurring one. I mean, c’mon, don’t you want a pair of Mickey Mouse ears made out of Ducks hockey pucks?
Read more about the event below!
On the Pond
- Video/Photos: Anaheim Ducks Day Returns to Disney California Adventure to Celebrate Local NHL Team [Laughing Place]
- Highlights from Anaheim Ducks Day at Disney California Adventure [Walt Disney World Info blog]
- ICYMI: Per Elliotte Friedman, the Ducks are willing to take on bad contracts for assets [Anaheim Calling]
- NHL observations: Ducks might just be ready for a teardown [LA Times]
- ‘He’s our jerk’: In his return to Anaheim, Ducks fans explain why they love Corey Perry [The Athletic]
Around the NHL
- Ray Shero Is No Longer Devils GM After He and the Team “Agreed To Part Ways” [All About The Jersey]
- Sources: Women’s 3-on-3 set for All-Star Weekend [ESPN]
- Bold second-half predictions for all 31 NHL teams [ESPN]
- Midseason grades for all 31 NHL teams [ESPN]
- The Wysh List: The 15 most shocking events of the NHL’s first half [ESPN]
- It’s happening! Sidney Crosby practices with team, takes line rushes [Pensburgh]
- NHL getting in their own way punishing Zack Kassian for Matthew Tkachuk beatdown [Yahoo! Sports]
- Top 10 Plays of 2020 WJC VIDEO [NHL Network]
- NHL Numbers: The Good, The Bad, And The Unlikely [The Hockey News]
- NHL Black Hockey History Tour Returns [NHL.com]
On the Schedule
You’ll have your choice of pregame entertainment before tonight’s head-to-head against the incumbent Champion St. Louis Blues, with four games starting an hour ahead of puck drop. Canes versus Caps sounds like a fun time to me, but it’s understandable if the East Coast start times tonight put just one game on your slate for the evening.
Here’s the full league schedule for tonight:
- Calgary Flames at Montreal Canadiens, 7 EST/4 PST on TSN2, RDS, SNW
- New York Islanders at New York Rangers, 7 EST/4 PST on MSG, MSG+, ESPN+
- Boston Bruins at Philadelphia Flyers, 7 EST/4 PST on NHLN, SNE, SNO, SNP, TVAS, NBCSP, NESN
- Carolina Hurricanes at Washington Capitals, 7 EST/4 PST on NBCSWA, FS-CR, ESPN+
- Anaheim Ducks at St. Louis Blues, 8 EST/5 PST on PRIME, FS-MW
Feel free to chat about anything of these games here, or check back later tonight for the Ducks at Blues gamethread!