Unlike a lot of people in North America, I’ve been self-isolating for a while. I had to have wisdom teeth removal surgery and living alone means I had to bunker down at home to recover. When I returned to work, the world had already changed and I’ve hardly left my apartment since mid-February.
I’m going a little bit stir crazy.
Some days, I wish I could’ve been in isolation with someone else, just to hear another person’s voice and be able to be physically near someone. On the other hand, I’ve been living alone most of my life and I’ve always been pretty okay with that.
But one question I haven’t yet asked myself is if I had to be in isolation with a Ducks player, which one might that be?
I think it’s an interesting thing to think about — the qualities you’re looking for aren’t just your favorite player or the most interesting player, but also who won’t drive you absolutely insane spending basically every waking moment together?
That said, prior to the season paused I was becoming more and more enamored by Rickard Rakell. I am fascinated by the fact that not only does he have three middle names, but that those three middle names are Lars Gunnar Roland. He has that incredibly strong Swedish browbone and a beautiful head of hair, which means I will never get sick of looking at him. I just remember an interview with him, I believe during an intermission prior to the season pause, where I was absolutely charmed by him and that’s good enough for me.
Which Ducks player would you welcome into your home — no wait, you get to go to their home. That seems more fair. Which Ducks player are you crashing with until quarantine is over? Let us know in the comments!
On the Pond
- Ducks players, families, pledge meals for staff at UCI Medical Center [Los Angeles Daily News]
- Anaheim Ducks season snapshot [NHL.com]
- Ducks talk about what-ifs and Netflix while idled during coronavirus outbreak [Orange County Register]
- Biggest 2019-20 NHL breakout prospects for all 31 teams, plus the breakout of the season [ESPN]
- 31 Thoughts: How NHL teams are handling draft prep from a distance [Sportsnet]
Around the League
- NHL Draft 2020: Projected Order of Picks, Expert Mocks and Top Prospects [Bleacher Report]
- NHL commissioner Gary Bettman says 2019-20 season is ‘probably going to be playing into the summer’ [Sporting News]
- Two-time Cup-winner Kris Versteeg retires after 11 NHL seasons [ESPN]
- The NHL’s coronavirus pause: Possible playoff host cities, virtual draft, player concerns and more [ESPN]
- Why 2020 NHL draft lottery could throw back to 2005 Crosby Sweepstakes [Sportsnet]
- Colby Cave Memorial Fund established by family, Oilers [NHL.com]