The Anaheim Ducks have assigned center Chase De Leo and defender Andy Welinski to the San Diego Gulls. While Welinski’s assignment was announced by the club, De Leo is sourced per CapFriendly.
Welinski has appeared in three games for the Ducks this season. The 27-year-old was drafted by the Ducks in the third round of the 2011 NHL Draft and has appeared in 36 NHL games so far, totaling one goal, five assists and eight penalty minutes.
De Leo has yet to appear in an NHL game this season, serving as a call up to the Ducks’ taxi squad. The 25-year-old forward has just two NHL games under his belt, going scoreless in both. A former Jets prospect, he’s played six season in the AHL. In 333 career games, he’s scored 77 goals and 115 assists.
The Gulls play tomorrow against the Bakersfield Condors. They beat the Condors 4-3 on Wednesday.
On the Pond
- Ducks Assign Andy Welinski to Gulls [San Diego Gulls]
- Ducks mindful of COVID-19 protocols to maintain season [LA Daily News]
- Preview: Wild try to get to game speed against Ducks [Hockey Wilderness]
- Wild, Ducks open two-games series in Anaheim [Big News Network]
Around the World
- Why the NHL’s Lake Tahoe series is a risk — and where the next fanless outdoor games could be played [ESPN+]
- The NHL meets Lake Tahoe: How the league will pull off outdoor games on picturesque golf course [USA Today]
- McDavid scores 500th NHL point with assist for Oilers, equals Crosby [NHL.com]
- Hockey Analytics: Divisional Drive-By [Yahoo! Sports]
- Willie O’Ree’s Legacy Grows As Hockey Pushes To Expand Its Roots [WGBH News]
- Penguins will launch Willie O’Ree Academy to benefit local Black hockey players [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
- Alex Galchenyuk: Can he live down his past in the biggest fishbowl hockey has? [Pension Plan Puppets]
Scores & Recaps
- Florida Panthers 4, Carolina Hurricanes 3 (OT)
- Ottawa Senators 1, Toronto Maple Leafs 2
- Chicago Blackhawks 2, Detroit Red Wings 0
- Winnipeg Jets 2, Edmonton Oilers 3
- Vancouver Canucks 5, Calgary Flames 1
Click on a team name to find a recap on their SB Nation site!
On the Schedule
- Ottawa Senators at Toronto Maple Leafs, 4 PT/7 ET on SNO, TSN5, RDS
- New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers, 4 PT/7 ET on TVAS, NBCSP, MSG
- New York Islanders at Pittsburgh Penguins, 4 PT/7 ET on NHLN, ATTSN-PT, MSG+
- Nashville Predators at Columbus Blue Jackets, 4 PT/7 ET on ESPN+, FS-O, FS-TN
- New Jersey Devils at Boston Bruins, 4 PT/7 ET on ESPN+, SN360, SNE, SNW, SNP, NESN, MSG+ 2
- Buffalo Sabres at Washington Capitals, 4 PT/7 ET on NBCSWA, MSG-B
- San Jose Sharks at St. Louis Blues, 5 PT/8 ET on FS-MW, NBCSCA
- Los Angeles Kings at Arizona Coyotes, 6 PT/9 ET on FS-A, FS-W
- Minnesota Wild at Anaheim Ducks, 7 PT/9 ET on SN, PRIME, FS-SD, FS-N, FS-WI